Miami Car Accident Lawyer
When a driver chooses to engage in reckless driving habits like speeding, using their cellphone, eating or adjusting their appearance, they endanger everyone around them. When actions like these cause you to suffer a serious accident, you should not be the one who has to pay the costs.
At Pennekamp Law, P.A., our lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you deserve after your car accident. He has been providing personal injury representation for more than 30 years, and he can guide you through your personal injury claim.
What Should You Do After A Crash?
A car accident can leave you in pain and in shock. In the moment, you may not be thinking too clearly about what you should do next. The following steps are a reminder of what actions you need to take to protect your health and your legal claim for the future:
- Seek medical care – Your well-being is the highest priority after a crash. If you can stay safely on the scene to report the accident, you should. If your injuries require urgent attention, call an ambulance. Either way, go to a doctor as soon as you are able. Some injuries seem minor at the scene but build over hours and days. Early intervention can make a difference in your recovery.
- Report your accident – Florida law requires that drivers involved in a crash must report the accident to local law enforcement as quickly as possible if the accident resulted in the injury or death of any person or property damage of at least $500.
- Trade insurance information – Gather information about the other driver, including their insurance information. This will be important for filing your claim later.
- Collect evidence at the scene – If you are physically able, gather information to support your claim of personal injury. Take photos of the cars and your injuries, talk with witnesses and write down your own memory of the event.
- Contact our office – Although contacting an attorney is not the most important thing you do after a crash, the sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can begin building your case. Evidence is quickly lost after an accident and we can often find helpful pieces of information at the scene.
We understand that most clients calling our office have already sustained injury in an accident and may or may not have followed all of these steps. To discuss what steps you took after your accident and what you should do next, call our office at 786-692-4263 for a free consultation.
Get Fair And Full Compensation For Your Car Accident Injuries
It is common for insurance companies to try and convince accident victims to accept a lowball settlement offer. Additionally, insurers also will negotiate to reduce the result you receive. Thankfully, you can rely on us to combat these types of tactics.
We know how to identify all the costs of your injuries, including:
- Past, present and future medical costs
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Permanent scarring, burns or disfigurement
- Loss of life enjoyment
The catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths that can come from a motor vehicle accident can be devastating enough to change the life of the victim and their family. As your personal injury lawyers, our goal is to help you find a swift and fair outcome to your injury claim. We take the time to sit with you and understand the unique details of your claim to help build your strongest possible claim for compensation.
Where Do Accidents Happen In Southern Florida?
Accidents can happen anywhere, of course, but certain areas near Miami and throughout southern Florida see more than their share of accidents, including fatal crashes. These roads include:
- I-95 Express Toll – Little River
- I-95 in North Miami
- NW 79th Street – West Little River
- NW 54th Street – Miami
- Okeechobee Blvd. – West Palm Beach
These are only the most dangerous roads statistically, but certainly not the only problem areas in southern Florida or even in Miami.
Common Injuries After An Accident
Car accidents can result in many different types of injuries and even end in a fatality. Some injuries are more common than others, however, such as:
- Whiplash and other neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractures and amputation
- Lacerations and bruising
Understanding your injuries, the medical treatment you need and your prognosis for the future are all critical to your personal injury claim. We will pursue compensation based on your injuries and your future medical needs.
Call Our Car Accident Attorney To Begin Building Your Claim Today
A car accident only takes a moment to change your life forever. If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to someone else’s actions, let us help you fight to maximize the compensation you receive for your injuries. Contact our Miami office by calling 786-692-4263 or emailing us to schedule your initial consultation today.